On May 3rd, Aretha Franklin will drop out her new album, “Aretha: A Woman Falling Out Of Love.” It will be sold exclusively at Walmart stores and Walmart.com.
The opus signs the return of the diva who had a surgery back in December 2010.
“A Woman Falling Out Of Love,” features eleven tracks – including the debut single “How Long I’ve Waited” plus one bonus track. It’s Franklin’s 38th studio album.
Aretha publicist said “the album, is the very first on herown label, Aretha’s Records and is reflective of the great diversity of material and styles at which Aretha excels, offering smoldering ballads, sizzling blues-infused tracks as well as an acknowledgment of gospel roots in the duet ‘Faithful’ with Karen Clark-Sheard.”
Here is the list of the album’s songs:
1. How Long I’ve Waited – Written and Produced by Aretha Franklin
2. Sweet Sixteen – Written by Riley B. King and Joe Bihari, Produced by Aretha Franklin
3. This You Should Know – Written and Produced by Aretha Franklin
4. U Can’t See Me – Written and produced by Curtis Boone
5. Theme From A Summer Place – Lyrics by Mack Discant, Music by Max Steiner, Produced by Aretha Franklin.
6. The Way We Were – Written by Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman and Marvin Hamlisch, Produced and Arranged by Marty Paich
7. New Day – Written Kecalf Franklin Cunningham and Norman West, Produced by Brian Garrett and Joseph Hall
8. Put It Back Together Again – Written by Norman West
9. Faithful (featuring Karen Clark-Sheard) – Produced by Sanchez G. Harley and Co-Produced by Jacqui Whittman
10. His Eye Is On The Sparrow (Performed by Eddie Franklin) – Written by Charles H. Gabriel and Civilla H. Martin, Produced by Aretha Franklin
11. When Two Become One – Written by Curtis Boone
12. My Country ‘Tis of Thee – Lyrics by Samuel Francis Smith, Music from Thesaurus Musicus, 1744, Arrangement by Aretha Franklin and H.B. Barnum